Monday, September 17, 2007

Jewelry Expo Sepember 15-22 2007


This is just a small example of some of the freebies I picked up at the Jewelry Expo It is only going on until September 22nd so hurry over.

I wish I could tell you all the individual stores that I got thes freebies from, but the truth of the matter is that I walked around in such a state of blind, materialistic lust that I can't keep track. Well, half the fun is finding the thing for yourself. (cough *rationalisation* cough) . It is such a huge place that my recommendation is to start on the outside wall and just walk around in one direction going to each store. Then hit the middle. That way you won't miss anything.
A word about jewelry and accessories. They don't always fit on first try. Everyone's avatar is a different size, so just like trying on bikini's in real life, sometimes they look like hell at first try. Unlike real life, you have a couple of options. You can change the size of your avatar in appearance and save different sizes. (some people have many different shapes and label them by designer; ETD shape, Last Call shape, etc.) or you can edit the item itself. Make sure you make a copy first. If you take a look at the tutorial "Hair 101" in the sidebar, it shows you how to edit hair prims. The concepts are pretty much the same for jewelry and other accessories.
I paid a visit to the 12Avatars site to try to vote. The lag was sooo bad, I couldn't even walk around, not to mention see anyone to vote for. Then, somehow, I ended up voting for someone. I have no idea who, but they must be fabulous.



























































1 comment:

Lavender said...

Those are all freebies? The lag's been scaring me away, but... *whistles* guess I'd better give it a shot.